The goalkeeper of the Makhachkala team Mikhail Kerzhakov gave his commentary prior to the guest match vs Sheriff:
- Mikhail, you had much work in the previous game, especially in the first half.
- I did in the first half. But after the halftime the guys seized the initiative and kept the ball under their control for the most part of the time.
- There is expression – to feel defenders. Do you get on with them?
- I cannot complaint of misunderstanding between us. I feel like we`ve been together for long.
- Anji is going to start the Europa League campaign. What do you say to that?
- It`s a good tourney and good test for us. We don`t go to Tiraspol just for the sake of appearance. Despite all the scrapes that we had, I hope, they`re in the past. Indeed, we lacked a bit of time to play back. But this will gradually pass away.
- What does it mean - just for the sake of appearance?
- Maybe some people think that we`re going to Tiraspol minimizing the importance of points. We don`t divide the matches into tourneys, whether it`s a home league, Russian Cup or European Cup. We prepare for every single game. I think Anji is able to advance from the group. Then we`ll see.