Anji head coach Gadzhi Gadzhiev gives his commentary at the pre-match press conference ahead of the match vs Sheriff:
- I think Sheriff will be as active and aggressive as they were in the away match vs Tromse. Their display vs the Norwegian club was more active and aggressive in comparison with the Tottenham match. However, we can`t say that Sheriff players focused on the defensive side of the game in England. They were threatening on attack. To have 1-2 score in London is rather satisfactory outcome not only for Sheriff.I agree, we face a big game. But we must win. And Sheriff must win. Our opponent has enough skilled players on its roster. But I hope we`ll be more convincing at the attack`s converting and will win the game.
- Taking into account the current situation in the domestic league, how much important is the Europa League for Anji? In case if you progress to the Europa League spring stage you`ll have to strengthen preparations in winter.
- Yes, that`s difficult. Our main problems are that we miss 14 players of the first team and have built a new team on the way. That factor that you`ve described also happens to be. Rubin and Kuban serve as example, as these teams make worse performance in the domestic league after the European matches.
As to our situation, I don`t think that 2 remaining matches of the Europa League will have great impact on the Russian league because we play on each fourth day, not on each third day as earlier.Speaking about the play-off round, yes, in this case we`ll have to start earlier. But that`ll be on Feb. 20 and we`ll have a month and a half for preparations. The period of time isn`t short though it`s not optimal either. However, those 40 days we have will be enough to get in form.
- The weather in Moscow – is it an advantage or an obstacle for the clubs?- It`s an obstacle for both clubs. Perhaps, we`ll have a slender advantage.- What players will miss the match to injury?
- It`s hard to say if Gadzhibekov and Mkrtchyan will make appearance tomorrow. Serderov feels much better after the recovery. Grigalava has an ankle injury.- It means they`re not expected to play, right?- The first two players will not take the field, as to the last two – I hope, they will.
- Will the players receive bonus if Anji advances from the group?
- The club intentionally cuts the budget, this direction will be maintained. Yesterday I met with Suleyman Kerimov, the club`s owner confirmed that the expenses would be cut.
The press conference was also participated by Anji fullback Benoit Angbwa:
- Tomorrow`s match is going to be important for both clubs. I think it`ll be an entertaining game, both teams will fight for victory. I think we`re able to advance further.