Fuat Usta gave his commentary on the work of the club`s Academy.
- Dear Fuat, the second consecutive year of your work for Anji Academy as a consulting coach has started. With hand on heart, please, say, do you regret that you accepted this offer in 2012?
- I`ve never regretted that I agreed a contract with football club Anji, I enjoy collaborating with the Academy`s coaches, players and workers, that`s why I had no problems extending my contract for one more year.
- Judging from the everyday point of view, please, tell if it was easy to adjust to Dagestan for a person, who had lived and worked in the Netherlands, Turkey, Finland, Japan.
- It wasn`t difficult for me to get accustomed to Dagestan. You know, I live in the Netherlands, but I come from Turkey, correspondingly, my family leads Turkish mode of life, that has much in common with the Dagestani. Besides, I realize the purpose of my arrival in Dagestan, it`s to train and develop players and coaches of FC Anji, I have to say we succeed in it. Perhaps, the explanation to it can be found in the similarity of our cultures.
- Dagestani sportsmen are famous for their Olympic and WC victories in such kinds of sport as free-style wrestling, box, judo and other combats. Strong will, spirit and combativity are widely thought to be very helpful character features of the sportsmen. Stated another way, it`s what Englishmen call – fighting spirit. How important are these qualities for footballers?
- It`s a key point for the gifted players, as it`s impossible to execute a purpose having only a talent, what you also need is a fighting spirit.To my mind, correct intellectual play in combination with fighting spirit peculiar to the Dagestani people, forms a strong ground. You should never forget - HARD WORK BEATS TALENT, WHEN TALENT DOESN`T WORK HARD.
- What`s your assessment of the work done by the Academy workers within the past period? What accomplishments and failures did the Academy make?
- I must say, we made a big step forth in the last year. I`m rather satisfied with the progress we, the coaches and the footballers of the Academy, made within one year, the same can be said about our play style. Now when the construction of the up-to-date fitness room and the power hill is almost completed and equipped according to the top European level, we`ll proceed to the two-practice per day schedule with senior age groups. This implies spending much time on trainings, what is extremely important for the talented players` development.
In the new 2014 year we plan to concentrate more on practices combined with muscle-training exercises. Here we should state that Internet access is a very important factor for the development of the players from our region.
- Can you point out at least a few gifted players, who show promise to grow into professional footballers in the future?
- We have rather talented players, if they go on progressing like they did in the past period, I can confidently state that Academy youngsters will make Anji first team in the future. However, do this requires fruitful cooperation of the Academy and Anji B-team.